The mission of the Clay County Historical Preservation Commission is to promote, advise, and educate residents of Clay County, SD about the importance of preserving historical sites.
This is accomplished by:
- Supporting existing and identifying potential new sites and historic districts in Clay County.
- Holding open meetings and workshops to help residents learn about preservation of historic buildings.
- Documenting and publishing information in booklets, tour guides and books about preservation and historic sites.
- Collaborating with Clay County entities to maintain and restore historic sites.
2022 Officers and Members
- Tim Schreiner (Chair)
- Jim Wilson (Vice Chair)
- Evelyn Schlenker (Secretary)
- Patrick Morrison (Treasurer)
- Monica Iverson
- Victoria Job
- Dennis Konkler
- Bill Ranney
- Jim Stone
SEND AS A MESSAGE
Preparation of the Clay County Historic Preservation Commission's website has been funded with the assistance of a federal grant from the U.S. Department of Interior, National Park Service. The South Dakota State Historic Preservation Office administers these federal funds as part of South Dakota's Certified Local Government Program.
The contents and opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Interior. Regulations of the U.S. Department of the Interior strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination in departmental federally assisted programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, age or handicap. Any person who believes he or she has been discriminated against in any program, activity, or facility operated by a recipient of federal assistance should write to the following address.
Director, Equal Opportunity Program
U.S. Department of Interior
National Park Service
P.O. Box 367127
Washington, D.C. 20003-7127